- PhD, University of Edinburgh, U.K.
- ThM, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, U.S.A.
- MDiv, Evangel Seminary, Hong Kong
- BEngg (Hons), The University of Hong Kong
- Evangel Seminary （2006-，Academic Dean 2020– , Vice Academic Dean 2019–20, Librarian 2015- , Assistant Academic Dean 2009–10）
- Academic Adviser, Latreia Press, Edinburgh, U.K. （2019- ）
- Advisor, Christian International Training Centre, Edinburgh, U.K.（2019- ）
- Board Member, Gospel Operation International, (Hong Kong Office)（2019- ）
- Langham Scholar （2010- ）
- Academic Adviser, Theological Education Publications, Edinburgh, U.K. （2018 - 2019）
- Associate Editor, Theology, Religious Studies series, De Gruyter Open, Berlin （2012 - 2018）
- Church Advisor, Edinburgh Chinese Christian Church, U.K.（2011-2013）
- Divinity Tutor, New College, University of Edinburgh, U.K. (2011–2013)
- Pastor, Tsing Yi Peace Evangelical Centre, Hong Kong (2003–2006)
Gospel of John, Jesus Studies, General Epistles, Early NT Manuscripts, Early Christianity Background, Use of Old Testament in the New, Biblical Theology, Hermeneutics, Expository Preaching.
- Reading the Old Testament with Peter: The Messianic "New Era" in 1 Peter. Intertextuality Series. Hong Kong: Tien Dao, 2021. [Chinese].
- “ ‘For God So Loved Hong Kong/Hongkongers’: A Literary and Territoriality Reading of John 3:16-21.” In Reading the New Testament with the Majority World: A New Testament Reader. Edited by Mariam Kovalishyn. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic, forthcoming.
- “Another Take on the Johannine Temple Cleansing Crux: A Literary Perspective from Jewish Messianism.” Hill Road 22, no.1 (July 2019):81-105. [Chinese]。
- Apprehension of Jesus in the Gospel of John.Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament, 2. Reihe 399. Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2015.
Reviewed in the following academic journals:
- New Testament Abstracts 60, no. 1 (2016): 160;
- Journal for the Study of the New Testament 38, no. 5 (2016): 51-52;
- Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 59, no. 3 (2016): 632-35;
- Review of Biblical Literature (the Society of Biblical Literature) March 2017;
- Revue Biblique 127, no.4 (2017): 632-33; (French);
- Religious Studies Review 43, no. 4 (2017): 404-5;
- Colloquium: The Australian and New Zealand Theological Review 50, no. 1 (2018): 112-14;
- «Bulletin Johannique», Recherches de Science Religieuse 106, no.2 (2018): 287-88 (French);
- Studien zum Neuen Testament und seiner Umwelt, Serie A 43 (2018): 263-264 (German);
- La Ciudad de Dios: Revista agustiniana 232, no.1 (2019): 213-214 (Spanish);
- Theologische Literaturzeitung 145 (2020): 1216-1218 (German).
- "When Papyri and Codices Speak: Revisiting John 2:23-25." Biblica 95, no. 4 (2014): 570-588.
- “What Witness Shall the Evangelist(s) Bear? A Study on the Concept of ‘Witness’ in the Gospel of John.” In Preaching, Pastoring and Leading: A Theological Anthology Celebrating the 80th Anniversary of Evangel Seminary. Edited by Andrew C. S. Lam and Mavis M. Leung, 115-142. Hong Kong: Evangel Seminary, 2012. [Chinese]
- "Reflections on the Book of Revelation in the Midst of Today's Crises." Evangel Seminary Newsletter 204, October 2020, 1-4. [Chinese]
- “John 18:28-19:16: The Coronation Day of Jesus.” Behold Magazine 90, May 2019, 52-55. [Chinese]
- “Rethinking the New Testament Canon.” Evangel Seminary Newsletter 190, March 2017, 1-4. [Chinese]
- “True Colours of the Bible: Rethinking 1Peter 2:13-17.” Peace Monthly, March 2016, 1-2. [Chinese]
- Co-translated with Gregory T. K. Wong. “Purification.” Evangel Seminary Newsletter 185, December 2015, 8. [Chinese]
- Co-translated with Gregory T. K. Wong. “The Awakened Sinner and Love.” Evangel Seminary Newsletter 184, October 2015, 4. [Chinese]
- “The Entire Household Would be Saved, Really? (Acts 16:31)” Peace Monthly, July 2015, 3. [Chinese]
- Co-translated with Gregory T. K. Wong. “Privileges.” Evangel Seminary Newsletter 183, June 2015, 4. [Chinese]
- Co-authored with Gregory T. K. Wong. “Reintroducing the Spiritual Legacy of the Puritans –The Valley of Vision.” Evangel Seminary Newsletter 182, April 2015, 1-2. [Chinese]
- “The Other One Sitting on a Throne: What Satan’s Throne in the Book of Revelation Means to Us.” Peace Monthly, March 2015, 2-4. [Chinese]
- “Really ‘Who Was and Who Is and Who Will Be?’: An Overlook in Chinese Bible Translations of the Book of Revelation.” Christian Times 1220, 16th January 2011. [Chinese]
- “Belief, Unbelief, and Asking for Help: A Wonderful Father in Mark 9:14-29.” Evangel Monthly, April 2010, 10-11. [Chinese]
- “Paul’s ‘Somehow’ in His Life Journey: A Look at Phil. 3:9-11.” Peace Monthly, October 2009, 9-10. [Chinese]
- “Paul’s ‘Announcement of Results:’ A Look at Phil. 3:7-8.” Peace Monthly, September 2009, 9-10. [Chinese]
- “Problems of the Chinese Translations of Heb. 6:9.”” Evangel Seminary Newsletter 146, February, 2008, 2-3. [Chinese]
- “Explaining John's Revelation: ‘The Lamb Who Sits on the Throne’.” Peace Monthly, November 2007, 8-10. [Chinese]
- “Should John 14:1-3 Be Used in Funeral Service Settings?” Peace Monthly, August 2007, 9. [Chinese]
- “‘Do Not Cling to Me’ and ‘Secret Ascension’? Explaining John 20:17” Peace Monthly, July 2007, 9. [Chinese]
- “From ‘Old’ to ‘New’: New People according to Peter –A Look at 1Peter 2:9.” Peace Monthly, March 2006, 1-2. [Chinese]
- Review of Scripture as Real Presence: Sacramental Exegesis in the Early Church, by Hans Boersma. Religious Studies Review, 45, no.3 (Sept 2019): 385.
- Review of Work, Labour, and Professions in the Roman World, edited by Koenraad Verboven and Christian Laes. Bryn Mawr Classical Review 2017.10.29.
- Review of Studies in John's Gospel and Epistles: Collected Essays, by Maarten J. J. Menken. Journal of Theological Studies 68, no.1 (2017): 297-99.
- Review of John: Exegetical Guide to the Greek New Testament, by Murray J. Harris. Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 60, no. 1 (2017): 205-207.
- Review of Interpreting the General Letters: An Exegetical Handbook, by Herbert W. Bateman IV. Biblical Theology Bulletin: Journal of Bible and Culture 46, no.4 (2016): 212.
- "Pilgrimage, the Never Outdated Religious Practice": Review of Pilgrimage: A Very Short Introduction, by Ian Reader. Expository Times 128, no.2 (Nov 2016): 95.
- "An Updated Introduction to Roman Catholicism": Review of Catholicism: The Story of Catholic Christianity, 2nd edition, by Gerald O'Collins and Mario Farrugia. Expository Times 127, no.10 (July 2016): 513.
- "A Bible Introduction with a Distinct Perspective": Review of The Abingdon Introduction to the Bible: Understanding Jewish and Christian Scriptures, by Joel S. Kaminsky, Joel N. Lohr, and Mark Reasoner. Expository Times 127, no. 9 (June 2016): 464-65.
- "Understanding Canon": Review of The Formation and Significance of the Christian Biblical Canon: A Study in Text, Ritual and Interpretation, by Tomas Bokedal. Expository Times 126, no. 11 (August 2015): 557-58.
- "A New Update on Ancient Greek Religion": Review of Ancient Greek Religion, 2nd edition, by Jon D. Mikalson. Expository Times 126, no. 10 (July 2015): 517.
- "Love Is Not a Word, It is...": Review of Love in the Gospel of John: An Exegetical, Theological, and Literary Study, by Francis J. Moloney. Expository Times 126, no. 10 (July 2015): 513.
- "A Postcolonial Gem": Review of Discourses of Empire: The Gospel of Mark from a Postcolonial Perspective, by Hans Leander. Expository Times 126, no. 7 (April 2015): 352-53.
- "A 'Psychological Hermeneutical' Kaleidoscope": Review of Psychological Hermeneutics for Biblical Themes and Texts: A Festschrift in Honor of Wayne G. Rollins, edited by J. Harold Ellens. Expository Times 125, no. 12 (Sept 2014): 613-14.
- "A Grand Gathering of Johannine Characters": Review of Character Studies in the Fourth Gospel, edited by Steven A. Hunt, D. François Tolmie, and Ruben Zimmermann. Reviews of Biblical and Early Christian Studies, accessed 1 March, 2014.
- "Up-to-date Survey on Modern Hermeneutical Thoughts": Review of Hermeneutics: An Introduction to Interpretive Theory, by Stanley E. Porter and Jason C. Robinson. Expository Times 125, no. 2 (Nov 2013): 100-101.
- Review of The Resurrection of Jesus in the Gospel of John, edited by Craig R. Koester and Reimund Bieringer. Reviews of Biblical and Early Christian Studies, accessed 19 July, 2013.
- "An Update on Swinburne’s Two Handy Books on God": Review of Is There a God? 2nd edition and Was Jesus God?, by Richard Swinburne. Expository Times 124, no. 10 (July 2013): 516-517.
- "Another Take on the Kernel Husk Separation": Review of The People’s Jesus: Trajectories in Early Christianity, by Robin Scroggs. Expository Times 124, no. 9 (June 2013): 456-457.
- "A Social Memory Approach to Jesus": Review of The Historiographical Jesus: Memory, Typology, and the Son of David, by Anthony Le Donne. Expository Times 123, no. 7 (April 2012): 361-362.
- Review of The Rhetorical Impact of the Semeia in the Gospel of John, by Willis Hedley Salier. Reviews of Biblical and Early Christian Studies, accessed 28 Feb, 2012.
- Review of Revelation and Concealment of Christ: A Theological Inquiry into the Elusive Language of the Fourth Gospel, by Saeed Hamid-Khani. Reviews of Biblical and Early Christian Studies, accessed 24 Jan, 2012.
- "Imitatio Christi: The Case in 1 Peter." Paper presented at the Monthly Conference of Christian Association for the Psychology of Religion (CAPR), Hong Kong, 25 July 2020.
- "Pedagogical Reflections on Teaching NT Studies." Presentation at the NT Group of Hong Kong Theological Education Association Annual Meeting, Hong Kong, 17 Feb 2017.
- "Grasping the Divine: A Summary of a Journey Yet to Be Completed." Paper presented at the Langham Scholars Consultation, Ridley Hall, Cambridge, U.K., 31 March-3 April, 2014.
- "When Papyri and Codices Speak: Manuscript Evidence on John 2:23-25 and Its Exegetical Implications." Paper presented at the British New Testament Conference, University of St. Andrews, Scotland, U.K., 29-31 August 2013.
- "John 10 in Light of the Concept of Apprehension of Jesus." Paper presented at the Langham Scholars Consultation, Ridley Hall, Cambridge, U.K., 16-19 April, 2013.
- "When Papyri and Codices Have Something to Say on John…" Paper presented at the Biblical Studies Research Seminar, New College, the University of Edinburgh, 29 March 2013.
- "Remembering as an Element of Apprehending Jesus in the Gospel of John." Paper presented at the Langham Scholars Regional Meeting, Edinburgh, 1 February 2011.
Editorial and Translation
- Co-edited with Dorothy W.K. Chiu. I am Called into Full-Time Ministry: Testimonies of Theological Students. Hong Kong: Evangel Seminary, 2017.
- Chan, Alan Kam-Yau. The Melchizedek Passages in the Bible: A Case Study for Inner-Biblical and Inter-Biblical Interpretation.Edited by Josaphat Tam. Berlin: De Gruyter Open, 2016.
- Cloud, David. Was Mother Teresa a True Christian? Translated by Josaphat Tam. Hong Kong: Reformed Christian Press, 1996.