A message from the President
Today we are living in an era full of challenges. Difficulties are impacting the church from all directions – experiencing political and economic instability, facing the so-called "post-Christian" and "immoral" social atmosphere, the rapid rise of pagan religions and cults, the theological truth that used to be absolute in the past is now gradually becoming a relative opinion only. The church is like a small boat in the rough seas.
Under such challenges, pastors and church leaders have become the most crucial factor to defend the truth. Because of this, theological education is hence even more important, as it is to nurture pastors and church leaders, so that they can lead the churches to respond to the needs of the church community and the society in the present era.
We give thanks to our Lord, for He has provided our Seminary with a new campus at Mei Foo Sun Chuen. This change not only gives us a more convenient location with more usable spaces, but also facilitates theological education to reach out to the community. The pastors and church leaders who have been trained in the Seminary will ultimately bear witnesses to All Nations and establish His Church by the power of the Holy Spirit. We believe that we need to integrate theological education for the spiritual needs of the Church and the society in order to provide God-pleasing theological training to our students. Therefore, all the programs we offer would be rooted in the Bible so as to edify lives; our objectives are to build up leaders who can shepherd God’s flock and respond to the need of this age. May the Lord be glorified among His People.
Our Mission is to train servants of God to defend the infallible Word of God, to exegete and apply the biblical truth in depth, to imitate the spiritual virtues of Christ and to equip God’s workers with all the necessary trainings and leadership skills for serving in the ministries.
Evangel Seminary holds to the statement of faith of the Evangelical Free Church of China, Hong Kong. According to the Bible, we therefore, firmly believe the followings:
- We believe in one God, Creator and Lord of all things, infinitely perfect, eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, who is true God and true man, conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary; He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins to deliver us from the penalties and power of sin; on the third day He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven where, seated at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Advocate, making intercession for His saints; He is the Head of His church; one day He will come again in person to establish His Kingdom and to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Trinity, who descended at Pentecost, whose ministry is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, to regenerate the believing sinner and to indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for victorious and godly living. He unites believers in Christ to become one body, the church.
- We believe that man was created in the image of God but lost his spiritual life through disobedience to God; ever since our first parents sinned, men have become sinners under the wrath of God. Only those who sincerely repent of their sins and accept God’s salvation, those who rely on the precious blood of Jesus Christ to cleanse their sins and who have been born again by the Holy Spirit, can enter the Kingdom of God.
- We believe the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of the dead, of the believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord, of the unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment. Both heaven and hell are eternal.
- We believe that the Devil is the evil spirit working in the hearts of the children of disobedience; he is the source of all evil and is doomed to eternal punishment.
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
(II Timothy 2:15)
Seminary Logo and Anthem
- The arched door symbolizes the Church as the existence of the Seminary is to serve the church. And the focus of our training is on pastoral ministry.
- The Cross is the message we proclaim, and it also symbolizes the commitment of His servants.
- The round window reminds us to look upon the harvest in the world.
- The Bible underneath symbolizes all the trainings are based on the biblical truth.
- White and Purple symbolize the holy and royal in nature of God’s ministry.
Be faithful, be faithful for Jesus, His redemption is costly and splendid.
Being called to be saints, His Salvation we must proclaim.
Longer the drowning deeper the pains, the poor go astray.
Saving the lost from the deadly lake, journeying the road of life.
Be faithful, be faithful for Jesus, His lambs to be fed.
Being called to be saints, the shepherding duties are borne.
The Good shepherd eagerly leads the flock,
Lying on the green pasture and besides the waters.
The lost sheep are found and restored, entering the gate with great rejoice.
Be faithful, be faithful for Jesus, soldiers cheer at the front.
Being called to be saints, the captains of the spiritual realm.
The troops of Christ march forward and overthrow the power of Satan.
Tie the strong the true heroes, rescue the lost souls to the Father.
Be faithful for Jesus, devoting body and mind in serving.
Putting up the banner of Cross to support,
Steadfast and not to let it fall.